Skills for Health
The post holder will be primarily responsible for maintaining Skills for Health’s existing e-learning Moodle platform as well as a suite of PHP web-based tools, enhancing existing functionality, fixing software bugs, and working with hosting providers to ensure the e-learning platform and other tools continue to run smoothly.
Acting as the lead developer on a range of assignments within Skills for Health’s Technical Development Team, and working on a number of Agile projects through all stages of the of the software development lifecycle – from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
The post holder will advise the Technical development team on the strategic development of Skills for Health & Skills for Justice technical resources.
There will on occasion be a requirement to work outside of normal office hours for essential tool/server maintenance.
- Support the development and maintenance of the e-learning Moodle platform
- Provide technical advice & guidance to project sponsors at the start up stage of new technical projects, to advise on scope, feasibility and recommended options of how to deliver the technical aspects of the projects
- Working with project stakeholders and creating functional/technical specifications for each element of technical projects and ensuring these are signed off by relevant parties
- Ensure code is fully documented and use version control tools (primarily GitHub) to ensure appropriate versioning
- Create testing plans and undertake functional and user interface testing
- Ensure development versions of web applications are rolled to live in line with agreed change control and release procedures
- Manage and oversee other short-term developers who from time-to-time may be used to deliver specific work packages.
Tool maintenance and support
- Debug, extend and reverse engineer code of existing tools to enhance functionality and fix bugs
- Undertake performance and vulnerability testing of new and existing systems
- Provide ad hoc reporting on website access, tool usage & e-learning completions.
Support to the Technical development team
- Provide advice and guidance to the E-learning Product Manager on technical improvements that can be made to the Moodle platform
- Provide advice and guidance to the Senior Manager – Technical Development on best use of existing server infrastructure and future capacity requirements, across both dedicated and virtual (VMware) environments
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on new and existing resource development across the technical team including input into algorithms built in articulate storyline.
PAY Circa: £42,037
HOURS: 38 hours