Overnight Customer Support Engineer, Tier 2 – Remote Based
Our customer support team has a proven track record of delivering high quality technical support to our customers. We are looking for a motivated, technically-savvy, fun, and service oriented Customer Support Engineer that is passionate about delivering the best support experience possible.
This is a highly dynamic environment that requires the Customer Support Engineer to multi-task, troubleshoot, and manage their assigned cases in an efficient manner in order to deliver accurate and timely resolution of customer issues. They will need to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to constantly seek ways to enhance our customer’s experience and relationship with Remote-Learner. The ideal individual will work continuously and diligently to surpass our customer’s expectations and ensure their success.
● Provide multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to customers via phone and web to resolve product and hosting environment issues expeditiously.
● Responsible for fault reproduction and troubleshooting, system characterization and analysis, root cause analysis of product issues, bug tracking and issue resolution.
● Work closely with development and implementation teams to resolve issues.
● Deliver a positive experience by proactively informing a customer throughout case life cycle.
● Create technical documentation for the knowledge base, wiki, and FAQs.
● Mentor and support Tier 1 staff.
● Effective case queue management.
● Bachelors’ degree in computer science, information technology, or related fields OR comparable experience
● Minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in customer support role
● Proficient with multiple computer operating systems – UNIX/Linux and Windows
● Successful completion of courses covering or have work experience with the following:
○ Data Structures
● Knowledge, exposure, and/or experience through academic or professional work in the following:
○ Software Engineering Principles
○ Database Principles and Maintenance
○ Web application development
● Working administrator experience using Moodle LMS
● DNS Management and troubleshooting, CDN knowledge
● Application Server maintenance including Operating System installs and upgrades
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
● Strong passion for exceeding customer expectations
● Experience with Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, and Git
● Proven ability to thrive in fast paced, goal-oriented environments
● Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities
● Ability to learn new technology applications
This is a remote based position. The working hours are 10pm to 6am Central time (9pm to 5am Eastern time).
Remote-Learner is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must reside in the US or Canada.
Click here to apply for this position.