Are you a Moodle site administrator? Have you read the security documents recently?
Moodle has some great documentation, not just for teachers, but also administrators.
- Security recommendations – Advice on how best to keep your site secure
- Security overview report – Checks for all kinds of potential security problems that you might have in your configuration
- Site security settings -Settings affecting the security and privacy of your site
- Site notifications – Information about update and login failure notifications
- Password salting – Details of the way of making passwords more secure by adding a random string of characters to passwords before their hash is calculated
- Increasing privacy in Moodle – Suggestions for settings changes to increase privacy of users
- Reducing spam in Moodle – Advice on how to minimize the risk of spam on your site
If you are maintaining your own Moodle server you might also be interested in the online MoodleBites Server Administrator course.