Moodle Administrators online course
Many Moodle administrators are ‘self-taught’ … nothing wrong with that, but it’s easy miss things!
This course is aimed at giving you a solid grounding in all the major areas of running a Moodle site – from site configuration and security, through to managing users and plugins in the most efficient ways possible.
Most people who take this course say something like “I can’t believe how much I learned, and I wish I had take this course earlier!”
At $US399 (=$50 a week) it’s incredible value!
The MoodleBites for Administrators course is 8 weeks in duration, completely online and asynchronous, and is delivered in the latest stable Moodle environment (most of the content is appropriate for participants using earlier versions of Moodle). Each week contains approximately 2-4 hours work, although this varies depending on your previous experience administering Moodle, and how much extension work you wish to complete 🙂
Designed for people who are currently administering a Moodle site and want to ensure they are ‘administering Moodle effectively and efficiently‘, and for new Moodle Administrators. This course has a key focus on the practical administration of a Moodle site:
- Week 1, Introduction to Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Week 2, Configuring Moodle
- Week 3, Site organisation and setup
- Week 4, Managing users
- Week 5, Moodle Themes
- Week 6, Reports, Logs, and security
- Week 7, Installing and using plugins
- Week 8, Moodle strategy and site optimisation
This course runs just three times each year, starting 1st February, 1st June, and 1st October. Participants are from all around the world, and at every level – from beginners to quite experienced IT geeks.
The full course outline is available here
- Moodle jobs: Seeking Moodle Admin – Contract – Remote – 29th May 2023
- Moodle theme render override last resort – 25th May 2023
- Learning quote of the week #230 – 24th May 2023