It took me a while to work out a good photo cropping and resizing workflow…
Apple photos allows you to do some simple editing of photos, but what I need is something lightweight – I don’t need Photoshop or GIMP. But I do absolutely need the ability to quickly crop, and resize images – if for no other reason than for posts here on ElearningWorld – which we have at 600×400 so the associated social-media publishing works well.
Cropping in Apple Photos on the iPad is easy:
- Find the photo you would like to crop
- Tap Edit
- Tap the crop icon in the lower right corner (it looks like a square with two arrows circling it)
- Press and drag the corners and edges of the photo to manually crop it
- Tap Done when you’re happy
But this doesn’t resize 🙁
After trying out a couple of different Apps, I’ve settled on ‘Resize It – image resizes.’ Why?
- It’s free
- Simple to use
- Allows me to set an exact resize figure – egg, 600×400 – perfecto!
Resize It is now my go to app for quickly resizing images on the iPad, and it’s working well. Do you have an alternative you wold recommend?
Resize It is available on the Apple Store – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/resize-it-image-resize/id844716779
More reflections on my using an iPad for real work experiment next month.