Some other key features of Moodle 4.0…
- Moodle 4.0 takes interoperability forward with improved security, account linking and ease of use with improved LTI capabilities. In addition to allowing learners to access external content from within a Moodle site, Moodle 4.0 can act as an LTI 1.3 Advantage host, allowing content to be provided to other sites that consume it.
- In order to inform teaching decisions, Report Builder, a feature of Moodle Workplace, has been incorporated into Moodle 4.0. Managers can generate improved system-level and custom reports allowing educators to measure student progress, analyse the impact and improve learning programs.
- In Moodle 4.0, administrators can save the configuration of their Moodle site, so that they can share it with other Moodle sites or other Moodle users. For those who prefer to keep things simple, you can create your own Moodle flavour by turning off the functionality that your users don’t need and save the configuration for easy setup and sharing with others.
- To help new users get started and accelerate their understanding of the platform, Moodle’s updated user tours will orient newcomers to the look and feel of Moodle and provide quick hints on key features and new functionality.
- Educators and content creators now have the option to automatically send an alert to students about new or updated content via the Moodle app and email, so that students can keep up to date with new course requirements.