Want to manage your own Moodle server?
This course is designed for people who are running their own Moodle server, or want to / need to in the future.
If you would like to understand more about how to successfully setup, manage, maintain, secure, and upgrade the server environment for Moodle then this is the course for you!
The course is completely online and asynchronous to fit in with, and around, your busy schedule.
MoodleBites Server Administrator is a structured programme of eight Moodle courses (weeks). Each course contains approximately 2-4 hours work, although this varies depending on your experience with Moodle, server technology in general, and how much extension work you wish to complete.
The course covers topics such as:
- Setting up your test environment
- Installing server services
- Getting Moodle up-and-running
- Building for speed
- Moodle and server security
- Backup and monitoring
- Hardening and tweaking your server
Developed by HRDNZ (Certified Moodle Partner since 2006) and facilitated by senior server administrators, the full course outline is available here:
We run this course with relatively small participant numbers, so make sure you register in plenty of time.
- H5P Branching Scenario improvements – 26th March 2023
- Debugging Github Actions – 25th March 2023
- Announcing Moodle’s G2 badges and awards for 2023 – 25th March 2023