Today, I’ll tell you how Frenchie Limouzi install the beta version of Moodle 2.7
When I read the tweet Helen
I just immediately wanted to participate in this experience.
It must be said that the test plans are some fundamental things in the quality of a project process. I emphasize this point with my students last year ( I teach project management and agile methods , especially Scrum in CS2i Limoges )
Did you know that the HQ uses the scrum method to produce the development of Moodle ? No?
So take a good look at of Michael de Raadt( I still thank you for agreeing to complete this educational video . It is true that Australia is less convenient for French
In short, to participate in tests I need a Moodle 2.7. Softaculus Usually I use to manage my installations on my shared servers .But then I’ll have to do it myself !
I tell you right now : I am not an expert in computer technology but everything is explained on Moodle.org
Already check if I have what it takes to run 2.7
Nothing like a chek -list to not forget anything :
- MySQL 5.5.31 : OK ( system database )
- PHP 5.4.4 : OK ( the programming language used by moodle )
- Firefox: OK (my browser)
- Filezilla : OK ( tool to download on my server )
- WinRar : OK ( tool to unzip the zip file.)
- Preparing the server :
- creating a database = OK ( cPanel is useful for!)
- creating folder /moodledata to the server root = OK
- Moodle installation on the server:
- I downloaded the moodle-latest.zip file on the desktop of my computer
- I decompress in a folder / moodle-latest (right click) on my desk
- I copy the folder /moodle in folder /html_public in the server
- I have time to make me a coffee and enjoy
- Launch moodle 2.7
- in the address bar of my browser :
- I answer some questions like :
- what is the name of the database
- what is the data directory
- etc …
- It’s over : the 2.7 version of Moodle is installed !
I am now able to start testing and you too right ?
For the tests to be done must go to the Moodle Tracker
This is the Australian Jira software that is used for managing bugs and also this is a great tool for scrum master but that’s another story ….
I’m off to test and I will speak in another adventure Frenchie Limouzi
Thanks to Peter K.Pierre K.