Many teachers link to others movies on YouTube from their Moodle course, but what about creating a private playlist?
Privacy settings in YouTube for the movies you add can be:
- Public – videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone
- Private – videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose
- Unlisted – videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link
|Can share URL||Yes||No||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||Yes||No||Yes|
|Shows up in search, related videos, and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in Subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
So, depending on what you need, it’s possible to:
- Create a Playlist
- Add movies to this Playlist, but set them to “Unlisted” – because this means they don’t show up in YouTube searches
- Link to the “unlisted” movies directly from your Moodle course (usually by using the ’embed’ link available for your movie)
That’s it !
So now your movies cannot be found or viewed by others, but can be linked to from within your course – great !
Latest posts by Stuart Mealor (see all)
- Moodle 3.6 new feature – record assignment feedback – 26th March 2019
- Hot Potatoes and Moodle – 23rd March 2019
- Featured writer – Catherine Duncan – 22nd March 2019