Just a month before the H5P workshop at the New Zealand Moodle Moot.
Yes, it’s just a month until the 2019 New Zealand Moodle Moot conference in Auckland – see the website for details: https://www.moodlemoot.co.nz
One of the most exciting parts of the conference this year is a day dedicated to H5P.
But registrations are closing soon, and the programme is just about complete.
At this year’s New Zealand Moodle Moot conference there are two H5P workshops:
- Foundation – for those new to H5P, who want to know how to get it, what it does, how to best use it, etc. Most likely using Moodle or another LMS, or WordPress.
- Advanced – for those already using H5P, who can ‘show and tell’ and share their experience, and explore advanced topics such as CSS theming and Learning Record Stores.
- Although Moodle is probably the best Learning Management System on the market, and it has some great activities such as highly flexible forums, and an amazingly sophisticated quiz, it lacks a huge array of activity types.
- H5P’s strength is the variety of activity and resource types a teacher can build.
- H5P has a huge advantage over SCORM – it’s easy to learn, and edit. It doesn’t require specialist educational designer skills (although the content created by designers is no doubt more impressive than the average time-poor teacher).
- The smart combination of Moodle and H5P can create a simply stunning e-learning experience and environment.
So, if you are in Auckland New Zealand on 1st October (or need a good reason to travel!) these workshops could be a perfect distraction.