Moodle 3.8 Insights alert
If upgrading to Moodle 3.8, be prepared for Teachers to get some (unexpected) insights!
We recently updated a few client Moodle sites to version 3.8. There are some new analytics features in Moodle, and with the default settings we didn’t expect to get emails from all courses as below.
This came through to our email, and in fact we got an email for every course in which we are a Teacher. This was with fairly default settings for the upgrade. So, when you upgrade to Moodle 3.8, be aware that Teachers may get these emails too.
Clicking on the link takes you to a useful page, where you can react to the data insights – very useful indeed 🙂
There are options to:
- Send a message
- Accept the notification (and dismiss)
- Mark as not applicable (maybe it doesn’t matter the student has not accessed the course – e.g. if it’s a test account)
- Mark as Incorrectly flagged – not quite sure how this applies yet … need to read more documentation !
- Moodle 4.0 – 15th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 other highlights – 14th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 Accessibility – 9th May 2022