Looking for a new and interesting way to organise and present your Moodle course?
A course format which displays course topics as ‘Tiles’ in a grid rather than as a list. When clicked, tile content is displayed under the tile with an animated transition.
The layout adapts to different screen sizes and orientations.
Within each tile, activities can also be set to display as ‘sub-tiles’. For each tile, the teacher can pick an icon from a predefined set, or upload a background photo.
Features of this plugin include:
- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don’t need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
This is a nice simple plugin, that can help make your Moodle courses look and feel a little more modern.
The Buttons course format is available in the Moodle plugins database:
You can also try the Tiles course format for real, for free, on the HRDNZ plugins site: