Do you want to customise your own Themes for Moodle?
This course is 3-4 weeks in duration, asynchronous, and completely online. Each week contains approximately 2-4 hours work, although this varies depending on your experience with Moodle and themes in general, and how much extension work you wish to complete.
- The course will start with a guide on how to setup your environment for developing Themes including installing a smart web-server and Moodle site. Please note that using a MoodleCloud site will not be sufficient for this course, you will need to be able to install or access a Moodle test site.
- Your test/local Moodle site must be an up-to-date (current or very recent supported release).
- This course is based upon Themes that use ‘Bootstrapbase’ which is based upon the Bootstrap framework and is fully responsive.
- This is not a theme review course, but rather a ‘learn the skills’ course that focuses on the generic and Moodle specific basics of web page generation and presentation.
- The course works with the Boost Theme and will involve cloning and adapting the theme.
- Participants will create a new Theme. The Theme created will be responsive and work with any mobile / tablet / desktop with a web browser. The course teaches skills using applied examples, and thus the principle of gaining the technical ability to cope with change when it happens.
- The course recommends (and uses) FireFox. However Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer / Edge should be fine. The browser version needs to be up-to-date.
So what are you waiting for? You can be adapting and improving your Moodle Theme very quickly while taking this course 🙂