Is the Moodle App being used by your learners?Are you encouraging your learners to use the Moodle Mobile App?
It’s certainly a different experience to using Moodle via a web browser on your desktop or laptop computer.
Of course you can also access your Moodle site using a mobile browser on a tablet or smartphone (using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and so on).
So why use the Moodle Mobile App?
Well, it’s certainly not something you would use to create courses, that’s still a lot faster and easier using a computer and browser.
But for learners ‘on the go’ the mobile app can provide a handy way to interface with their courses. The app supports many of the main Moodle features, but presents them in a way more appropriate to the small screen:
- Easily access course content – browse the content of courses, even when offline
- Connect with course participants – quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Keep up to date – receive instant notifications of messages and other events, such as assignment submissions
- Submit assignments – Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress – View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans
- Complete activities anywhere, anytime – attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more – both on and off-line
Pretty impressive eh?
Are you using the Moodle app with your learners?
If so, how are they using it?