A nice enhancement to the Moodle Messaging system…
A Teacher (or other user with the capability moodle/course:creategroupconversations) can enable group messaging when setting up a course group!
The group will then appear in the group messaging section of the messaging drawer as shown here:
In case you are not familiar with the Messaging interface in Moodle:
- The number at the top of the screen reflects the number of people who have sent new messages – note that this is NOT the number of messages.
- Clicking the icon displays the messaging drawer, divided into
- Starred messages – items you want to mark
- Group messages – new in Moodle 3.6
- Personal messages – similar to previous versions
- Contacts and contact requests can be accessed from the Contacts link.
- A star can be added by clicking the three dots when viewing a message.
- Clicking the cog icon displays privacy settings and notification preferences.
This new Group messages option could be a really useful feature in course with many participants, and sub-groups, that are expected to use the Messaging feature – because it enables them to work in Groups together.
But it’s Teachers who have to know about this, and enable it in the Course !
Latest posts by Stuart Mealor (see all)
- Using an iPad for real, part 3 – Apps – 14th September 2019
- Moodle plugin of the month – Buttons course format – 12th September 2019
- Linux for new users part 4 – dates – 9th September 2019