Moodle 3.6 new feature – Open Badges v2
If you are using Badges in Moodle is serious way, then this new feature could be interesting.
Support for Open Badges 2.0 in Moodle 3.6 means badges may now include language and version, image author details (in the initial set up) and Endorsements, Related badges and Competencies.
The Open Badge 2.0 support and integration is Moodle 3.6 is really quite nice, and you should be aware of the following key points:
- Fields that are not completed will not be shown on the badge page – no ugly blank values (cool)
- Versions of badges make it easy to keep track of badges over a period of time or badges at different levels or languages.
- Endorsements are third party accreditations (official or unofficial) such as from an external body or the management of an institution, adding value to a badge by giving it their approval.
- Related badges are those that are linked in some way to the badge being awarded, for example on a similar topic or one of several levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). They are shown as text.
- Competencies do not refer to the Moodle comptencies or competency frameworks (if they are being used on your Moodle site?) but instead refer to external competencies and competency frameworks.
- Moodle 4.0 – 15th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 other highlights – 14th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 Accessibility – 9th May 2022