Do you use RSS feeds in your Moodle course?
RSS is Really Simple Syndication – and it allows you to add news feeds and suchlike to your Moodle courses. These can be from general sources, in indeed very specific to your course subject.
Feeds updated automatically, and are displayed in a Block, with a link to the full article (much like a Twitter or Facebook feed on your smartphone).
For example the BBC provide many news feeds such as:
- World News http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/world/rss.xml?edition=uk
- Education http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/education/rss.xml?edition=uk
- Technology http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/technology/rss.xml?edition=uk
If your course subject is geography for example, you could add feeds from a variety of sources such as:
- Earth Science https://www.brightsurf.com/news/rss/earth_science/geography/rss.geography.html
- National Geographic feed://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/rss.xml
Moodle Docs for RSS feeds is a great place to start reading:
Latest posts by Stuart Mealor (see all)
- Are you using the Moodle App? – 14th November 2018
- Moodle mourns loss of one of it’s greatest supporters – 12th November 2018
- Font Awesome and Moodle, Part 2 – 8th November 2018