Have you upgraded to Articulate Storyline 3 yet?
Articulate Storyline is probably the industry-standard for developing high-level e-learning content, with its timeline animations and trigger events, photographic and illustrated characters, design/colour themes, and output options, including the HTML5 standard that most of us will want these days.
Of course Storyline is really for content designers, and the functionality and learning-curve (and time required to learn) is beyond what most teachers will ever want to invest. For for corporate use, and high-profile projects, where there is a reasonable budget, it can be exceptionally good.
But Storyline isn’t cheap. A license will cost you US$1,398, but if you own an earlier version you can upgrade for US$699.
And there are a whole range of powerful features in version 3 compared to version 2, including:
- Responsive Player for Tablets and Smartphones
- Responsive Preview Toolbar
- Responsive Playback Restrictions
- HTML5 Gesture Support
- Publish to HTML5 First/Only
- Modern Text Rendering
- Structure Text with Tables
- Closed Captions Editor
- Import Closed Captions
- Custom Fonts for Closed Captions
- Toggle Captions On/Off with Triggers
- Dial Interactions
- Orient Objects to Motion Paths
- More Trigger Actions
- Edit Properties for Multiple Layers Simultaneously
- Duplicate Multiple Layers Simultaneously
- Square-Corner Button Styles
- Broadcast-Level Audio Optimisation
- Picture Placeholders Can Be Any Shape
- Images Scale and Crop to Fill Picture Placeholders
- Triggers Remain When Swapping Out Placeholder Images
- New Design Elements for Result Slides
- Publish Scenes or Slides
- Right-to-Left Language Support
- Section 508 Accessibility Support in HTML5 Output
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Support in HTML5 Output
- Define Custom Tab Order in HTML5 Output
- Adjustable Player Font Size in HTML5 Output
- Skip Player Navigation with Screen Readers in HTML5 Output
- Language ID for Screen Readers in HTML5 Output
- Find and Replace Fonts
- Detect Missing Fonts
- HTML5-Only CD Courses
- Enhanced Restricted/Locked Navigation
If you are using Moodle, then you really want to go for this upgrade, as the HTML5 output is essential (no more Flash).
Check out the details at: https://articulate.com/p/storyline-3