A major part of the ElearningWorld project is the ElearningWorld Academy.
This is a site that allows course providers to design and deliver courses on our platform, for zero up-front cost, without ever have to worry about the hosting, upgrading, etc.
For many small to medium enterprises the learning curve and costs involved in setting up a Moodle site are prohibitive.
Of course there is the MoodleCloud option, although this has serious limitation in terms of running adverts you might not want (read definitely do not want), strict limits on number of students, and the amount of disk space available. Whilst MoodleCloud provides an interesting way to ‘dip your toes in the water’, the features are quite different to using the ElearningWorld Academy.
Academy features worth noting are:
- Mobile friendly, with a variety of mobile enabled themes
- Around a dozen specially selected plugins including Certificate, Questionnaire, Progress Bar, and Big Blue Button web conference
- Unlike MoodleCloud this is a supported service – with community forums for teachers, direct free support by our staff, and additional paid support options (only if you need them)
- Full integration with PayPal and BitCoin for users to purchase your courses
- Zero up-front costs – you only pay a small percentage of your course fees after learners have paid you 🙂
- Access to an expanding user base of individuals and businesses … people who have taken one course on the ElearningWorld Academy are more likely to take another – giving you a ready-and-waiting elearning savvy audience
- No limits of number of students, or disk space
We will talk more about the plans for the ElearningWorld Academy next month, but for now why not head over, and have a read through the materials available ?
Latest posts by Stuart Mealor (see all)
- Moodle in 2032 (part 2 of 2) – 19th January 2019
- Version 3.6 of Moodle App available now – 18th January 2019
- Moodle plugin of the month – Flash Apocalypse report – 12th January 2019