Released 20th May 2019, Moodle 3.7 has some significant messaging improvements.
Messaging has had a bit of a make-over in Moodle in 3.7. Here are the main things that have changed, so make sure you familiarise yourself with them…
- HTML in messages is cleaned
- Personal space in messaging drawer for draft messages, notes, etc – will be useful for those who use Moodle Messaging a lot.
- New settings page for messaging-related settings – nice to have this in one place
- Group conversations can be created from both the auto-create groups edit page and the import groups tool – useful for teachers using Groups
- Old messaging user interface removed and replaced with a new widget – quite a bit change
- Messaging conversations can be muted – excellent if you are busy and don’t want to be disturbed
- New capability for deleting messages for all users within group conversations – note that it deletes the messages in your history, but not in theirs
- Updated interface on the messaging index page
- Searches highlight text that matches the search term – good
- Timestamps in the main conversation list include days and years – much easier for those with busy message boxes
- Improved push notifications – great for those using mobile notifications