Released 20th May 2019, Moodle 3.7 has some slightly hidden improvements.
Messaging has had a bit of a make-over in Moodle in 3.7. Aside from Forum changes and Messaging changes, here are the other things that have changed, some of which might affect you, others may not…
- LTI 1.3 support (some teachers may need this?)
- In Assignments .pdf’s can be rotated !
- Support for Open Badges 2.0 – good to keep up-to-date with this as badges are a popular feature
- Boost is now the default Theme in Moodle (with the old standard Theme now being called ‘Classic’), with Clean and More removed from the default installation
- Some Dashboard and Course Overview improvements
- Quite a lot of work in the learning analytics back-end code and functionality – so it will be interesting to see if this becomes more useful now?
- Print out from the Book resource is now much nicer – cool !
- Badges can now be awarded based on competencies (seems like that should always have been the case?!?!)
- Administrators can add custom fields to the course settings to provide extra information and improve searching.