After a marathon to get a new laptop and set it up and make it work…
I am finally working with my new HP laptop [Laptop HP 15-d014sv (i5-3230M/4GB/500GB) E8P35EA ].
But the machine I hold with the one I bought is quite different since I did two major changes:
- replaced the disk with this one: Solid State Drive (SSD) Intel 530 Series 180GB 2,5″ SATA3 and
- didn’t used the Windows 8 it was coming with, but installed the new Ubuntu LTS 14.04.
So, I now got a super speed laptop (thanks to the SSD disk), but a not free of problems machine.
Ubuntu 14.04 is a quite new version and WiFi drivers weren’t available, so my bro installed them manually. WiFi worked but it’s performance is pathetic…. less than 50-100 Kb/s from the 3Mb/s it should be.
The local community suggested some tests and some settings adjustments, they helped just a little bit.
So until Ubuntu Community releases a significant update of it, I’ll have to keep working with Ethernet.
Hope they do something quickly!
I have been working with HRDNZ for many years, after completing my MCCC, and one of my key roles is working with Stuart as lead MCCC mentor-assessor coordinator with Moodle Partners.
Latest posts by Anna Krassa (see all)
- e-Enaleia: the first e-learning service for fishermen – 6th November 2017
- What kind of leader are you? – 6th October 2017
- Digital Learning Statistics – 8th July 2017