A new look and features.
The activity chooser in Moodle – you either love it, or hate it.
I never use it. But that’s because I know every activity in Moodle.
But for new users, it can be really useful!
The revised activity chooser coming in Moodle 3.9 has:
- A larger display area
- Resources and Activities are now merged
- Introduction of a stared / favourite option
- A recommended tab (can be set by administrators)
- A smart search bar
- A clearer and more compact interface – only showing the details of each type when you want to see it
- H5P listed on it’s own tab
- LTI (if enabled) listed on its own tab
Will this be a big improvement?
I’m not sure at this stage.
I think that once people have been trained (which everyone should be!) then you don’t really need a cute interface to add some content – you basically just want to get in there and do it as quickly as possible.
However, for new users, who don’t know what they are doing yet, this redesign may have some real merit.