H5P Guess the animals Dialog Cards with sound!
I previously posted about using H5P to create a ‘Guess the animals’ activity using Flashcards, Quiz, and Column.
This month I’m sharing another version – which is created using the H5P Dialog Cards content type.
My criteria for building all this content is:
- It has to work well on a mobile phone – my children want to play them when we are out, and I’m designing them for other people who might want to use them via a mobile device too.
- I want really nice clear images – most of the free Apps I found previously have really poor animal images
- I want the activity to have simple learning opportunities through pop-up tips, help text etc.- in this case using the location of the animal (e.g. Australia or Africa), and also describing the animal (e.g. Mammal, Insect, Marsupial)
- I want it to be really easy to navigate and read for children – possible using it on their own – with my target audience initially being my daughters aged 4 and 6
- I want it to be fun!
My first example used H5P Flashcards, my second used H5P Quiz (Question Set) (just two options each time) and randomised, and the third version is H5P Guess the Answer within an H5P Column.
This time I’ve tried the same questions, but using H5P Dialog Cards.
I’ve made numerous changes to the H5P behaviour and language here – so it’s optimised for a) mobile use, and b) younger learner audience.
I’ve also made an effort with the tips before and after – which I use as discussion points with the kids as we go through the cards.
The most surprising thing to me was how much they LOVED the sounds. Of all the versions of ‘Guess the animals’ I’ve created so far in this experiment, this is the feature they enjoyed the most !
As with the other examples, I’ve attributed everything correctly, so if you want to share and use this content in any way you want … please do! Also give me feedback on any typing mistakes or any other type of improvement you think of – just let me know and I’ll update 🙂
But here you go – feel free to share and use 🙂
- Moodle 4.0 – 15th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 other highlights – 14th May 2022
- Moodle 4.0 Accessibility – 9th May 2022