You can now sort, star (favourite), hide and display courses more efficiently in Moodle 3.6 Dashboard.
The course overview is displayed on a student’s Dashboard and displays three dropdowns:
- An option to sort course by:
- In progress
- Starred (like a favourite or bookmark)
- An option to display courses by last accessed or by title
- An option to display course by cards, summary or list view
Note that the timeline tab, available in pre Moodle 3.6 versions, is now a separate Timeline Block.
- For courses to appear in the ‘Past’ section, the course end date must be in the past or the course must be completed.
- For courses to appear in the ‘In Progress’ section, they must be not yet completed and the current date must be after the course start date.
The current date must be before the end date, or there is no end date.
Courses ‘In progress ‘displayed in the Course overview block match the courses displayed in the navigation drawer (although a site administration navigation setting can limit this number).
- For courses to appear in the ‘Future’ section, the student must be enrolled in them even though the course start date is in the future.
- To Star a course click the three dots by its name, and then click the star icon.
- To Hide a course, click the three dots by its name, and then click the hide icon.
As mentioned above, courses can be filtered by starred or hidden courses. Alternatively, for starred courses, the Starred courses Block can be added to the Dashboard.
Read more about the Course Overview Block here: https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Course_overview