One of the key features of Moodle 3.8 is the enhance analytics options.,
One of the headline features for Moodle 3.8 is the further development of the analytics engine and options.
Administrators in particular should review these, because a number of settings will affect how models can be used by teachers across the site:
- MDL-64739 – Analytics models may be restricted to category or course contexts
- MDL-65588 – Insights about students who have not logged in recently
- MDL-65562 – Report on the actions executed by users on predictions
- MDL-65633 – Allow targets to limit the analysis interval to a specific interface or parent class.
- MDL-66234 – Extra garbage collection for analytics
- MDL-66254 – Require enrolments to be active for most of the analysis interval
- MDL-62191 – Add bulk actions for analytics’ insights
- MDL-66536 – Insight notifications improvements
- MDL-60949 – Analytics models should be sorted by name and not last modified
- MDL-66004 – Allow the Python machine learning backend to run from a separate server
- MDL-58992 – Add multi-class capabilities to prediction processors
- MDL-65585 – Global on/off switch for analytics
For the teachers perhaps the most relevant items is the Insights about students who have not logged in recently – something that teachers can use to quickly see who might be in danger of falling behind.
You can see all the new Moodle 3.8 features at: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_3.8_release_notes