I have been working with a team to provide a support manual for educational leaders endeavoring to promote blended learning in settlement and language learning centres across Canada. The reason I am sharing it on ElearningWorld is that the learning management system used is Moodle. The Language Learning Leadership Guide – Supporting Flexible Learning through Technology is not a technical Moodle guide but a manual teachers reading this blog may be able to improve blended learning practices at their institutions. Ideally they can share these ideas upwards to their coordinators, supervisors or managers.
This manual can be viewed at https://leadership.learnit2teach.ca
Manual highlights include:
- Technology-enhanced language learning (TELL)
- The function of an LMS why use Moodle
- Descriptions of a specialized courseware
- Relevant professional development offered in Canada
- Details of the LMS’s online resources such as Live Help that support practitioners.
- Mobile-assisted language learning (MALL);
- A case for local leadership and communication are essential for learning technology and innovation
This project is sponsored by the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- WAI’s Easy Checks to Start Moving Toward Digital Accessibility – 13th October 2022
- Repurpose, reuse, recycle or customize H5P learning objects – 12th September 2022
- Teaching writing? Try these H5P Tools. – 13th August 2022