So far I didn’t need to make a massive suspension of users, but today, it was the day!
Here are two relevant articles I found in Moodle.docs, always, the first place to look for!
To be frank I was expecting to find a separate paragraph about “Suspending Users”, rather than a note and a tip in different paragraphs.
Also although it’s mentioned that a user can be suspended through his/hers profile, I haven’t seen that option in practice. Instead I have to make a site level search
- Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> Browse list of users and “close the eye” of the user or
unenrol the user from course level
- Course administration -> Users -> Enrolled users and click the x icon next to the user’s name.
Anyway, until someone who knows better reviews the articles, the best option for suspending multiple accounts is the cvs file.
Don’t be surprised though that this can be done through the “Upload users” option
- Site administration -> Users -> Upload users, using a cvs file like the following one:
username,firstname,lastname,email,suspended kothar.alma,Kothar,Alma,email@example.com,1 prent.sai,Prent,Sai,firstname.lastname@example.org,1
Particularly cool though, is the Upload users results list that appears after the “Upload” (perhaps this button should be renamed to “upload/update”? or “Save changes”? ) with the details of each account’s status.
I have been working with HRDNZ for long time, since I completed my Moodle Teacher Certificate in 2007. My key role is to manage Moodle Educator Certificate program for HRDNZ.
Latest posts by Anna Krassa (see all)
- Are you ready for MEC? – 8th March 2019
- e-Enaleia: the first e-learning service for fishermen – 6th November 2017
- What kind of leader are you? – 6th October 2017